ADVERBS OF MANNER
An adverb which tell us how an action is done.
Fleck made the sandcastle slowly and carefully
The question is : How did Fleck make the sandcastle?
Forming Adverbs of Manner
- Most Adverbs of Manner are formed by adding -ly to adjectives
slowly, loudly, quickly
- When an adjective ends with -l we add -ly
careful – carefully
beautiful – beautiful
- When an adjective ends with -y we remove -y and add -ily
happy — happily
naughty – naughtily
- When an adjective ends with -ll we only add -y
- Sometime adverbs are formed without making any changes in the adjectives